Life Changing Shrimp / Scallop Delight
Ingredients (Serves 4 as an entree, 6 as an appetizer)
- 1.5 - 2 lbs. of shelled, cleaned butterflied Jumbo Shrimp or Jumbo Scallops
- Olive Oil
- 3-4 cloves Garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fresh Lemon or Lime
- 1 package of either bacon, pancetta, or ham
- 2-3 Long peppers, choose the heat you can handle (Serrano, Anaheim, Jalapeño)
- 1 1/2 -2 cups shredded hard or semi-hard white cheese; Gruyere, Fontina, or Jack
- Cedar Plank (can do without or with other type of prepared soaked wood)
Start with clean, dry Shrimp/Scallops. Rub with diced garlic. Fan open and lay tooth picked sized slivers of peppers in center. Top and fill reasonably with cheese. Shut Shrimp/Scallop, and wrap with cooked pork strip to seal. You want pork to be partially cooked since it needs a longer cooking time than the seafood, but allows it to still be pliable. Drizzle liberally with olive oil. Salt and Pepper to taste. Finish by squeezing citrus over tops. Grill until Shrimp is the color of a Flamingo or until Scallops are browned and firm. Grill on Cedar Plank if you enjoy a smoky style.
Recipe created and submitted by Michele Ferris.